Last Updated: April 20, 2016
Welcome to jobpuma.com, a Web site ('Site') of Job Puma ('we' or 'us'). We respect the privacy of those who access and/or use the Site ('you', 'your', 'user' or collectively 'users') and are committed to protecting the personally identifiable information we collect.
1. What We Do
We are a company that provides consumers daily employment alert email campaigns. We also manage opt-in email lists generated by other organizations.
2. Changes To This Policy
3. Information That We Collect
We collect and manage two types of information. The first type is personal information that you actively choose to disclose ("Active Information") and the second type is anonymous aggregate information collected in a manner not visible to you or others visiting the Site ("Passive Information").
a. Active Information. Examples of personally identifiable information that you provide to us may include your first and last name, address, email address and telephone number. In providing Active Information, you consent and agree to being contacted with information related to your inquiry and/or information regarding our or third parties' products and services. If you provide personally identifiable information to us, you may later elect to have that information deleted from our files, or kept from being used by us for purposes other than for the service requested, by following the opt-out procedures set forth below.
b. Passive Information. We record information relating to your use of the Site, such as the information you click on, your browser type, IP address, referring URL, and timestamp information. We use this type of information to administer the Site and provide the highest possible level of service to you. We may also use this information in the aggregate to perform statistical analyses of user behavior and characteristics in order to measure interest in and use of the various areas of the Site.
4. How Collected Information Is Used
We do not share or sell the Active Information you provide to us. However, we may share or sell Passive Information to our marketing partners and affiliates to provide you with commercial products that may be of interest. We also use this information to better target content in an effort to create a more personally relevant experience.
5. Use of Automatic Data Collection Techniques
As you navigate through and interact with our Site, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Site, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Site.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type. The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Site and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Site according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Site.
- The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Site may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Site. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Site and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. You may be able to opt-out of certain data provider cookies at http://www.aboutads.info/choices.
6. Do-Not-Track Policy for California Users
We may collect your personally identifiable information while your Web browser's "do-not-track" features - or other mechanisms that provide choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable information about consumers' online activities - are activated. Further, while using our Site, third parties may collect personally identifiable information relating to your online activities when "do-not-track" technologies and similar mechanisms are activated.
7. Information Disclosure
We reserve the unequivocal right to release all your information, to the maximum extent permitted by law in the event that: (i) we believe that the Site is being or has been used to commit unlawful acts, (ii) the information is subpoenaed or otherwise becomes relevant in a court proceeding, (iii) you violate or breach an agreement with the Site, (iv) you have submitted fraudulent or otherwise invalid information to this Site, (v) we believe that you may harm, or have harmed, the property or other rights of us, our employees, the Site's other users or any other third party, (vi) we are sold to or otherwise acquired by any individual, entity or organization (i.e. to a successor entity in the event of sale of the business, including merger, bankruptcy or other ownership change), or (vii) when we otherwise deem it necessary or appropriate. We may disclose any record or communication to any third party when we, in our sole discretion, determine the disclosure to be appropriate including, without limitation, sharing your e-mail address with other third parties for suppression purposes in compliance with the requirements of the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003, as amended from time to time, or any other applicable state or federal law, rule or regulation.
To the extent that you do provide us with certain personally identifiable information, we strive to maintain the accuracy of this information. Our goal is to provide a means to contact us should you need to review, update or correct your information. If for any reason those means are unavailable or inaccessible through the Site, click here to send your request to review, update or correct your personally identifiable information and we will make reasonable efforts to comply as soon as possible.
10. Security of Information
Use of the Site is at your own risk. Nonetheless, we do make reasonable efforts to secure your information, including, but not limited to, monitoring our network and data for intrusions. We also use industry-accepted standards to protect your information, including SSL encryption if transmitting sensitive information. Communications you may have with us via email or mail may not be secure unless we advise you that security measures are in place prior to your sending information.
11. Links to Third Party Sites
The Site may contain links to third party Web sites including sites with which we have no affiliation. We are not responsible for their privacy practices. It is recommended you read the privacy policies on all such third party Web sites.
12. Personalized Advertising & Email Marketing
Third party entities to which we share Passive Information include, without limitation:
Please note that if you disable the display of personalized ads from Criteo and other advertising partners, you will continue to receive ads that are less relevant to your interests/browsing behavior.
13. Cross-Border Transfer
The Site is controlled and operated by use from the U.S., and is not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the U.S. Your information may be stored and/or processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers. By using the Site you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the U.S., which may have different data protection rules than those of your country.
If you are under 18, you may not access or use the Site. BY ACCESSING OR USING THE SITE, YOU REPRESENT THAT YOU ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD. In compliance with COPPA, we do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from users under 13.
15. Contact Information
or wish to opt-out as provided above, you may contact us here
or send us correspondence at the following address: